Family Support Worker
My name is Vicky Shallaker and I am the Family Support Worker in school. My role is to provide support, advice and information to families within the school community. I can support with advice and services to support you and your family.
I can meet with you at home or in school at a time to suit you. You can make an appointment at the main school office. I may not have all the answers but can certainly help you to find them.
I am also able to refer children and families to other services where appropriate. For example, the Early Help Offer in Manchester.
Support for pupils includes
- Promoting good attendance and punctuality.
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence.
- Promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning.
- Providing one-to-one support.
Support for families includes
- Providing information and signposting to other services in the local area.
- Liaising with a range of external services such as Early Help, housing, charities etc.
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home.
- Guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops held in school or in the community.