Please ensure that when arriving and collecting from school you maintain social distancing and leave the school grounds as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our children safe and still in school
- All entrances (including Collyhurst Road) will be open each day.
- Parents can choose the most suitable entrance for themselves and their children.
- Year 2 and Nursery entrance will remain the same
- Nursery times 9:30 - 2:45
- Start times for ALL children will be between 8:45 - 9:10
- Finish time for ALL children will be 3:00 - with a graduated collection for KS2 until 3:15
Minimising risk and control measures:
- Hand-washing facilities in all classrooms as well as outdoor wash stations. Children will be washing their hands throughout the day and especially when arriving at school and before and after dinnertime.
- All classrooms have tissues, paper towels and bins with lids to ensure ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ is adhered to. Antibacterial wipes are located in all areas and surfaces regularly cleaned.
- Equipment will be cleaned between groups or left for 72 hours
- Each child has their own pencil case and tray on desk with individual resources and books so no sharing.
- Hand sanitisers have been fixed to walls around school at points where children and staff move from one area to another.
- Additional cleaning throughout the day of shared areas, tables, door handles, light switches and toilets
- Deep cleaning at the end of the day of areas most used.
- Classrooms will be organised so that children are front facing and not facing each other. Furniture has been removed to allow for more space.
- All classrooms and areas across the school will be well ventilated so windows and doors will be open where possible – as a result of this please ensure that your child has a school jumper.
- Timetables will include regular outside activity as this is where the risk is the least – please ensure your child has a waterproof, outdoor coat and substantial footwear.
- Children will remain in their classrooms and will not mix with other year groups.
- One way system in school and distancing spots in certain areas with notices and posters as reminders.
- At time classes will be separated into groups of 15 with additional adults. Any adults working across groups will ensure hand-washing before and after.
- EYFS will work as one unit combining Nursery and Reception
- All year groups have an allocated play area outside to ensure no mixing of groups.
- School dinners are served using the smaller dining area for EYFS and the main hall for other classes. Year 1/2/3 will distance within the hall on the first sitting - the area will be cleaned before Years 4/5/6 have their dinner. Hot dinners are being provided
- Graduated start and finish times - 8:40-9:10 - 3:00 - 3:15
- If there is a need to isolate the school has purchased an online digital platform to support with remote learning. Sessions in school will support access to these so that children understand the platform and how to use it. Children's login details are in their yellow home books. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact the school and we may be able to support.
- Reading and books will be the focus of our curriculum when we return as stories help children make sense of the world and also open new doors of engagement and learning.
- PSHE lessons and mental well-being will form part of the curriculum alongside our Commando Joe missions to support children’s emotional development during this time.
- When the children have PE they are to wear their PE kits to school on that day. Tracksuit bottoms and a warm top are advised as PE will take place outside as this minimises the risk and is recommended. PE lessons will be taught in class groups.
- Forest school will form part of our curriculum and you will be informed so that your child has the appropriate clothing for outside.
- Music lessons will take place in groups of 15. This will be in the hall which is well ventilated. All instruments will be wiped down before and after use.
- We will slowly introduce after school clubs as we carry out further risk assessments.
- There will a graduated start and finish times 8:40 - 9:10 and then 3:00 - 3:15- all entrances/exits to school can be used.
- Staff will be outside to support with parents keeping to the playground areas and children only on the pathways.
- Notices will be placed near gates, on the school notice board and the website.
- Dinnertime's will be staggered as well as breaks to ensure groups do not mix and each has their allocated area outside.
- Where possible parents of children in KS2 will drop children at the gate in the morning to minimise the number of people on the school grounds.
- Collection at the end of the day and waiting – please see area for your child’s year group if you wish to wait in the school grounds you may.
- At all times adults must adhere to social distancing including when dropping/collecting children from school. This is all our responsibilities. (Government guidance places adult distancing as important, children in year groups do not have to distance from one another)
- Despite the weather, children will be spending time outside so will need substantial shoes that keep their feet dry and a waterproof coat that is warm.
- It is important to spend time outside to minimise the risk of infection.
- The children will be taking part in outside PE and Forest School activities – your child’s class teacher will inform you of these days and what you will need so that your child can come to school in the appropriate clothing
- Please limit jewellery worn in school
- Where possible all enquires to the office to be made by phone, email or appointment to minimise the number of visitors to school.
- Until further notice there will be no breakfast club – please contact office if you need support with provision.
- Staff be will be available at the entrances at the beginning and end of the school day for enquires.
- Please communicate with your child’s class teacher through the yellow homework book or via an email to the school admin address.
- Follow instructions if you need to visit the office with only 1 family group allowed in at a time.
- Relevant information regarding Covid-19 will be placed on the school website under the parent tab/coronavirus. As we live with this virus it is important to be vigilant regarding related symptoms: continuous cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell so all symptoms need to be reported to the school.
- School will advise with the process if anyone experiences symptoms and engage with the test and trace programme.
- Parent must inform the school if any member of their household has been contacted by the track and trace system.
- All absences reported to the school office before 9:00
- Everyone must follow the guidance if they experience symptoms and inform the school office– see separate information.
As part of our behaviour system and Golden Goals of Ready, Respectful and Safe, children will understand how this relates to the virus, minimising risk and understanding the processes needed to ensure this.
Until government guidance changes there will be no celebration assembly, parent meetings or school events. This is such a shame as we have raised such an amazing amount for the school through everyone’s efforts. I am sure we will find a way to continue to support our school community.
If you have any concerns or questions then please contact myself at email@example.com.